One of the most promising entrants in the evolution of inbound marketing tactics is videos. According to Cisco, “Annual global IP traffic will reach 4.8 ZB per year by 2022”. People across the globe are consuming so much video that it is imperative for marketers to leverage them for increasing conversions and improving user experience.
Research by Renderforest states that:
- Video in an email leads to 200-300% increase in click-through rates.
- Video in landing pages increases conversions by 80%.
- Combining video with ads boosts engagement by at least 22%.
If you're still not convinced, here's a monster guide containing 47 insights that emphasize the importance of videos in eCommerce markeitng.
Videos are used to increase conversions and sales in the e-commerce business for the following reasons.
- It’s easy to strike an emotional chord with the audience.
- It’s a personalized way to stay connected with viewers of the video.
- It helps garner better click-throughs than something with no visual or multimedia element.
- It takes little or no effort to watch videos when compared to reading instructions or long descriptions/text.
- An incredibly large amount of information can be conveyed to the audience in no time.
- Google search results show e-commerce websites that contain videos on the top, which helps in procuring a higher SERP (Search Engine Results Page) ranking
Different Uses of Product Videos for E-commerce Marketing
Many companies have been able to build trust, create loyal customers, and overcome competition by leveraging videos for marketing products and services. Research study says that “Website visitors are 64-85% more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video.”
- Videos can be used to describe the working of a product and demonstrate its different capabilities.
- Videos can specify important technical specifications, that customers may miss in product descriptions.
- Product videos are mostly used when customers need to install or troubleshoot products individually without any technical support.
- Video testimonials build legitimacy for your product and services.
- Videos that are strategically placed in landing pages (above the fold) can work wonders for online stores.
- Videos aid customers in product selection. Videos can also be created to provide additional value (tips, reports, statistics, etc.) to the customers.
Best Practices to Create Videos
To start with, you can create a simple video about product features and capabilities that can be shared on the social media page to garner visibility amongst your target audience.
- Keep your videos simple and short.
- It’s best to center videos around a story and not a sale.
- Videos must capture audience’s curiosity.
- Videos must teach something new or inspire them.
- Keep your videos humorous. Everyone loves a good laugh!
- Remember to SEO optimize and enable easy embedding in other sites.
Videos are certainly the future of inbound marketing practices because they can garner wide coverage for your product and brand. Incorporating videos into your website design enhances the visual appeal to your clients and customers. Moreover, visual content helps engage and re-engage with audiences to improve customer experience, and ultimately sales.
You can now turn your Shopify store into an app for faster outreach to your customer base. If you want to provide your customers with an awesome and hassle-free shopping experience, Vajro can help you set up a mobile app for your e-commerce store.
Vajro is a leading mobile app factory catering to brands across the globe to have faster outreach to their customers. We offer plug-in integrations with a number of leading apps using which you can share photo/video reviews and comments with your audience. Interested in Vajro mobile apps? Get in touch with us to learn more.