E-Commerce is an ever-evolving ecosystem with new trends popping up every now and then. It’s essential for entrepreneurs to stay in touch with the latest trends in the world of technology. In a generation of smartphones and online shopping, the logical step forward would be expanding to the M-commerce space, and turning your Shopify store into a mobile app!
As of 2021, m-commerce contributes to over 50% of e-commerce revenue according to data collected by Simicart, and the number is only set to move in an upward trajectory as more and more shoppers realize the ease of mobile shopping. Mind you, 50% is a MASSIVE number as it is!
In addition to being a super profitable revenue channel, mobile apps act as an excellent engagement medium, enabling you to send real-time rich media notifications that can be automated and scheduled as per your requirements. You can also offer a ton of features and plugins that offer smart payment options, reward points, and so much more that help you offer the best mobile shopping experience to your audience.
Building a mobile app from the scratch for your Shopify store
Turning your Shopify store into a mobile app, as daunting as it sounds, can be achieved in just a matter of days, with no absolutely no lines of code. Vajro has taken the tough part outta the equation with a simplified builder where you’ll only need to drag and drop items as you see fit.
Let’s dive into the details, shall we?
There are three ways you could build your mobile app:
- With the help of a developer: Seek a development company with a great portfolio and a solid design team. You can check their credibility online, and if you like their portfolio, chances are they’re the perfect fit for you. Depending on the type and complexity of the app, it could take anywhere between 6-9 months to build it. You could go ahead with a developer if you have a clear vision, a budget of about $80k – $250k+, and a lotta time on hand.
- Third-party app developers: Third-party app developers allow you to build your app with no requirement of coding at all! Similar to working with developers, the building could take anywhere between 3-6 months. If you have time and a good budget at hand, this is a great way to go about it! However, you might wanna keep in mind that you cannot integrate into Shopify, which could result in a lotta order related issues!
- Shopify Plugins: Building a mobile app with a Shopify plugin is probably the easiest option among others. With absolutely no line of coding and simple drag-and-drop functionality, mobile app building takes just a matter of a few days and costs anywhere between $100 – $400 depending on your requirements.
There are numerous Shopify plugins that enable you to build mobile apps that offer a wide range of features, plugins, and a seamless shopping experience for your customers!
Turn your Shopify store into a mobile app in 60 minutes with Vajro
1. Install Vajro from the Shopify Marketplace
The first step is simple. There are a plethora of apps for you to pick and choose from on Shopify. We’re obviously biased towards Vajro, because it IS the best app on Shopify right now, in terms of reviews with over 1000 five-star reviews to back it up (don’t think THAT many people can go wrong, right? :P). AND numerous features that will allow you to optimize customer engagement and maximize your online store revenue!
All you need to do is find the app on Shopify, and install it. Make sure you’re logged into your Shopify store before you add the app.
Once you’ve installed the app, bridge your Shopify store with your mobile app, so that the app has access to your products on your Shopify store.
You’ll need to check out a few things before you pick your perfect app:
- Native iOS and Android app support
- Real-time notifications to engage with your customers
- Notification analytics to understand how well your push notifications work
- A wide range of integrations to enhance the shopping experience
- Live Video selling
- 24/7 Customer support
- Multiple smart payment options
2. Customize your App Layout
Move things around on the dashboard to figure out what works best for you, with color and widgets that reflect your brand and products. The dashboard comes with a seamless Design Editor that has all the tools you need to build your perfect mobile right at your fingertips. You can view the preview of the customizations right away! Add widgets, images, banners, and so much more to spruce up your app home page by simply dragging and dropping items around to create the mobile app that you envisioned!
Here’s how you can work with Vajro’s Design Editor
All you need to do is customize the home page. Your products and collections will automatically sync up from your Shopify store, now that your app is connected to it!
3. Time to Publish the app
And that’s pretty much it. You’re good to publish your app, and reap the benefits of an intuitive mobile app! Make sure you’ve enrolled for developer accounts on Android and iOS to publish your app on Google Play store and Apple App store.
Kick off your mobile journey with a fully-functional mobile app that’s simple to build, requires no coding, and can be launched in a matter of days! Vajro is the highest-rated mobile app builder in the Shopify marketplace, with over 2000 stores using Vajro to build their mobile apps.
If you’re not sure how well your Shopify store would perform with a mobile app, take this quick little quiz to learn more!
Would you like to get a mobile app? Click here and get on a demo call with us!