Let’s be honest here; user on-boarding is difficult. As the developer or marketer, you are going to toil hard with your mobile app for weeks and months. So, it is quite natural for you to know all the features and functionalities of your app. But that is not the case with your users. From their perspective, a newly developed app is like a puzzle. And without proper guidance, your users are going to get stuck in this puzzle forever.
How do you overcome this challenge?
Enter app demo videos. Demo videos make user on-boarding seamless and enjoyable. Through these videos, your users can easily understand the core and secondary functionalities of your app along with the value proposition that you are delivering to them.
In the age of user experience and personalization, demo videos can become a difference-maker that brings customers closer to your app. In this post, we will list out some of the best and most handy tools available in the market that you can use to make demo videos for your app.
1) Adobe Captivate
Adobe is often considered as the front-runner when it comes to the visual content market. The company is best known for its products like Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, After Effects, and more. These products have truly revolutionized visual content and its application in marketing, and Adobe Captivate is no different.
Adobe Captivate is the best tool for people who are not pros when it comes to video editing. It will help you create demo videos easily, without much effort when compared to other tools like Premier Pro or After Effects. It will also allow you to stream YouTube videos and even record iOS screens in high resolution.
- Import videos in different formats like MPEG, FLV, AVI, etc.
- Better integration with other Adobe apps.
- Intuitive interface with detailed instructions.
- Can create projects like VR, Simulation, Presentation, and more.
- Preset bundles to finish the product demo easily.
- Has all the tools to create a detailed guide with a good viewer engagement.
- No recent updates.
- No single subscription bundle is available with other professional tools from Adobe. The users will have to subscribe to each tool separately.
2) Demo Builder
If you are looking for an easy-to-use tool for creating demo videos, Demo Builder by Tanida is the one for you. This powerful software will help you create product demos in three simple steps. You can record your screen, edit it effortlessly, and export the final output video into any format that you want.
One of the key features that sets apart Demo Builder is that you can use animated male and female characters as visual presenters. With additional features like speech bubbles, 3D effects, and live zoom, it provides a rich visual experience to your app demo videos.
- Users can record their desktop screens in high resolution.
- Allows users to add animated characters for making the video even more engaging.
- In-built templates to overcome the challenge of designing the character.
- Users can present the product in 3D.
- Zoom/Pan function to catch the viewer’s attention.
- Allows the user to add the “Fast Forward” function.
- Users can blur sensitive information.
- The interface might overwhelm beginners.
Previously known as GoAnimate, Vyond is an affordable software that enables businesses and individuals to develop demo or explainer videos quickly. It will help explain complex concepts using preset templates. Its template library has hundreds of templates that you can simply drag and drop while designing your app demo.
Vyond follows a tier-based plan for different levels of users like small, medium, and large businesses. It also features three different visual styles to suit different product types. Also, it offers live chat support and community access, which further enrich the user experience.
- Detailed templates and easy interface.
- You can assign movements to the animated characters easily using the characters tool.
- Allows the user to re-edit or tweak the final video.
- Extensive audio library to choose from.
- Users will also get to add text-to-speech functions in any language of their choice.
- Customized app visuals as per the type of the product.
- Needs a high-speed internet connection to use all the features as it is not an offline tool.
4) Articulate Storyline 360
With 360 different templates to choose from, Storyline 360 by Articulate is a tool that will surely empower your business with app demos. This tool has a simple and straightforward interface, making it an apt pick for people who have no prior experience with video editing. It has an intuitive timeline that allows users to make media objects, trigger events, and animation elements appear in the right locations.
Storyline 360 also has features like Story View, One-Click Slide Insert, Side View Toggle, and DockablePanels, which make it an extremely handy tool for creating demo videos.
- Convenient tool for beginners.
- Available on both PC as well as mobile platforms.
- Easy intuitive interface.
- Good community support where the users can discuss key points related to the demo.
- Stable HTML5 output.
- Highly responsive customer support.
- No option for yearly payments.
- No trial period subscriptions.
- No support for 360-degree videos.
Apple has a strong foothold in the content creation market with tools like Final Cut Pro, which is quite popular among video editing professionals. Likewise, in the demo maker software market, Apple has rolled out a unique tool called Keynote. Affordable and extremely easy to use, Keynote allows you to create videos on a budget as low as $50.
With Keynote, you can start making your own videos by choosing any templates from the vast template library. You can create eye-catching animations by adding cool effects and transitions to your videos. Featuring a vast collection of effects and elements, which you can use in your project, Keynote makes product demos more engaging and intuitive.
- Enormous collection of effects and animations.
- Easy-to-use templates.
- Intuitive dashboard.
- Provides the best object animation when compared to other apps.
- Easy to sync files across devices thanks to iCloud.
- Final output can be exported to any app of your choice.
- The software is limited to Mac and iOS users.
- The beginners might be overwhelmed by the interface.
Creating app demo videos is extremely important for modern businesses to showcase their product features and capabilities. With a well-designed demo video, you can shorten the entire sales process and avoid unqualified leads. More importantly, it makes user on-boarding seamless, thereby increasing customer engagement and brand loyalty.
We have listed out some of the most famous tools or software that are available in the market, but it is up to you to choose what is best for your product. The key here is to pick the right tool that showcases your app’s functionalities in the best way possible.
If you haven’t built your mobile app yet, Vajro is here to help. We have partnered with several clients in their digital transformation journey. Our instant mobile app will deliver your dream mobile app within a short span of time. Click here to book a demo